Aug 30, 2007

Raise Your Glass

According to All About Beer magazine, beer critic and advocate Michael Jackson passed away last night. I've gotten maudlin enough on this blog in recent weeks, so I'll allow others to mourn this font of beer expertise and appreciation in my place:

The Potable Curmudgeon (Roger Baylor)
Appellation Beer (Stan Hieronymus)
Brookston Beer Bulletin (Jay Brooks)
Seen Through a Glass (Lew Bryson)

That said, I'd also like to point out that yesterday marked the second anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Our government's abysmal failure to prepare for such a disaster, to react to it once it happened, and to adequately rebuild such an integral part of our own country remains a stain on American history. I really believe the best way to honor those who've suffered (be it from natural causes or man-made) is to act, and to act with mindfulness.

How you choose to act is entirely up to you.

1 comment:

helan said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Barbara

http://www.ipodepot.info